Thursday, February 11, 2010

Topicscape Care Domain links in 3D - for the PC

Topicscape Hodges modelFollowing the post on Sunday, January 24, 2010 I have tried Topicscape and the 3D rendition of my links pages which is for the PC only. Unfortunately, for me the experience is very slow as my 7 year, 2 month old Pentium 4 2.6Ghz with its equally aged graphics card is really not up to the task. If you have a recent PC with a suitably endowed graphics card*, perhaps you will see what I sadly - for the time being - am missing.


Thanks again to Roy Grubb for recognising the organisation and effort behind the four links pages I have compiled from 1998 to date. There's a great irony in my viewing the links as a 'monster', then here they are rendered by GPU's that more commonly play host to a variety of game monsters. Recently people# have let me know of their surprise and pleasure to see that there is still a role for a human hand (and reflective mind) to weave something beyond raw Google. Of course the developments in the semantic web and RDF ... can take this even further.

Additional links:

Hodges' model links in 3D with Topicscape


*I plan to correct this in the near future with a new PC sporting a CUDA capable graphics card - also for SETI @ Home et al.

#Dear Peter

Many thanks for this, I look forward to reading the material and learning more on what seems to be an interesting model.
I’ve added a link on our site to yours – the wealth of links available on your site is phenomenal!

Many thanks and kind regards

Charley
---------
Charley Baker
Madness & Literature Network

Research Associate
Fellow of the Institute of Mental Health
University of Nottingham
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy
Education Centre,
London Road Community Hospital,
Derby, DE1 2QY